February 9, 2001
Re: Bay Trail Ideas from our area
Attention: Niko Latunich
From: David Erickson and friends at Islais Creek/Muwekma Ohlone Pocket Park
Hi Niko- Hope all is well. Thanks for the construction and planning grant applications, received in the mail recently.
I actually have been collecting ideas from people in my area with respect to the SF Bay Trail Project. Although, we have nothing formal such as CADD drawings or such at this time, I would like to forward you some of the ideas.
- Exercise stations along path- from Maurice Campbell @ SF Bay View News
- Solar charged night lights- from Maurice Campbell @ SF Bay View News
- Pedestrian & bicycle bridge over Third to connect Friends of Islais Creek Park with the Tulare and Muwekma Ohlone Pocket Parks on East side- from John Blount & Victoria Dogget- commercial/Italian import tenants on Illinois
- Recycled sidewalk stations for graffiti- from Nick- industrial designer on Illinois
- Floating Tide indicator- from Peter Jeal- furniture manufacturer on Illinois
- Wireless internet antennaes at parks along path- from Jory Bell, industial and computer designer and David Erickson
- Upgrade irrigation at Muwekma Ohlone Park or connect to existing Tulare Pocket Park(SF Port)- from David Erickson
- Install the "Muwekma Ohlone Healing Pole at the Muwekma Ohlone Pocket Park- from Francico DaCosta ( congressional liason for the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe) and Shane Eagleton ( internationally reknown Maori totem pole carver)
- Yearly Budget for maintenance of Tulare and Muwekma Ohlone Pocket Parks
- Floating Kayak dock- from Mindy Ward- metal fabricator on Marin Street
- Handicap Access gate & path for Muwekma Ohlone Park
- Sculpture on waters of Islais Creek in dedication to "Butcher Town"- from Kal Spellitech- industrial , mechanical, robotic artist
These are few of the ideas collected to date, and I am sure there are more coming. We will complete the forms and submit to your offices as soon as possible.
Thank you Niko Please feel free to call anytime 415-821-9300
David Erickson and friends at Islais Creek